News & Alerts
My Internet is intermittent or slow.
- Categorized in: Internet
To help us determine if this is an iLines network issue or a customer equipment issue could you please do the following steps:
- Reboot your PC or the device accessing the Internet.
- If you have a router (device to share the internet among multiple machines) reboot it. To reboot your router unplug it from power until all the lights on the front have shut off, and then plug it back in.
- When the internet seems to be functioning relatively fast run an iLines' speed test and record the time and results.
- When the internet is at its slowest perform a speed test and record the time and results.
- When the internet is at its slowest make sure no other computers, phones, TVs, or video game systems are accessing the internet and downloading files, system updates, or streaming videos. Then run another speed test. All devices in your house accessing the internet share the same bandwidth so the more devices at your house that are accessing the internet at the same time the less bandwidth will be available for each device.
- If you have done the above steps and the internet still is slow, try bypassing the router and plugging our radio directly into one PC and seeing if the performance increases. Make sure you power down the router and reboot iLines' radio when you do this. If the internet is noticeably faster without the router, your router may need to be replaced.
- Contact Us with the results of the above tests, and we will analyze it and schedule a service call if necessary.
What our Customers say -
Quotes go here